Success Story: Scott Brenner
MBI Spotlight Interview
As more and more students connect with local employers using Monterey Bay Internships (MBI), we will bring the success stories to life through interviews.
Name: Scott Brenner
From: El Cerrito, CA (currently Santa Cruz, CA)
School: UC Santa Cruz
Major: Computer Science (B.S.)
Hobby: Attending concerts/shows
- If you’re a student, what’s your major/focus of study?
- What is your career goal?
- What do you hope to accomplish in your new role as an intern at Capital Insurance Group (CIG)?
- What got you interested looking for an internship?
- Do you plan to stay in the Monterey Bay area after you graduate? Why or why not?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you didn’t have access to MBI, what would you have done?
- How did you hear about MBI?
- What did you like most about the website?
- Is there anything that you would change about the website?
- On a scale of 1-10 would you recommend MBI to a friend? Why did you give this score?
I’m a fourth-year computer science student at UC Santa Cruz.
Somewhere between DevOps, web development, and/or IT/tech support.
I’m hoping my time at CIG will be a nice extension of my previous internships, giving me the opportunity to expand on what I’ve learned while acquiring new skills in the process.
I enjoyed my previous job but it wasn’t terribly relevant to my career interests, so I wanted to find a new position.
I’m open to every opportunity that comes my way, but I wouldn’t say I’m planning to stay in the Monterey Bay area after I graduate. I was born and raised in the San Francisco bay area and love it up there, I’d like to move back up there after I graduate if possible.
Doing big things!
Use my university’s job board and/or one of the many internet job boards.
First heard about MBI from an email my school’s career center sent me over a year ago.
It’s local, easy-to-use, and got me a job!
Would be nice to be able to filter/sort job postings by when they were posted.
10, easily! Any website that gets me a job deserves an instant recommendation.