Kids Group Mission
The Kids Group mission is to provide a safe, supportive space for youth ages infancy to 11 years old while their parent/guardian receives services at Walnut Avenue Family & Women’s Center (Walnut Avenue). Our goal is to encourage resiliency factors in at-risk children, many of whom have experienced domestic violence.
Volunteer Kids Group Facilitator Role & Responsibilities
This is a volunteer position. Under general supervision of the Kids Group Supervisor, Kids Group Facilitators will provide care to children ages infancy to 11 years old while their parent or guardian is receiving services at Walnut Avenue.
- Provide a safe space and care for children infancy to 11 years old
- Set up activities for Kids Group children including activities related to the “A Window Between Worlds” curriculum
- Interact with the parent/guardian
- Interact with children through communication, play or activities during group/care
- Collect sign-in/out sheets and any other necessary paperwork from parent/guardian
- Clean up space after group
About Walnut Avenue Family & Women's Center
The Walnut Avenue Family & Women’s Center (Walnut Avenue) is a strength-based family center dedicated to addressing barriers to families thriving throughout Santa Cruz County. Our mission is to provide support and services so that women, children and families have the opportunities and the skills to thrive.
-Early Childhood Education
-Services for Children & Youth
-Services for Survivors of Domestic Violence
-Family Support Services