The Career Connect Student Ambassadors is part of the Monterey Bay Economic Partnership’s (MBEP) workforce development initiative. The goal is to develop student leaders and role models at each college campus who will help educate their respective campus community (e.g. students, staff, families, student organizations, etc.) on the college and career resources offered on Monterey Bay Career Connect (MBCC).
The Student Ambassadors will get the opportunity to inform and inspire emerging young professionals, learn about and offer unique professional development opportunities to students across the Monterey Bay region.
MBEP will provide appropriate swag and gear (e.g. MBCC t-shirt, marketing collateral, giveaways) to help you facilitate successful events.
- Ambassadors will gain access to a rich network of industry professionals, and opportunities for professional development, mentorship, job shadowing and workspace tours.
- Ambassadors will build their professional portfolio, gain transferable employability skills, and learn how to apply them to their resumé and any profession.
- Ambassadors will have access to career readiness resources and support, and make meaningful connections with other Ambassadors and community leaders.
- Ambassadors will be recognized and featured on the MBCC website, at the end of the year celebration, and on a rotating basis in MBEP’s workforce development newsletter.
- Ambassadors will have the opportunity to make this program their own! Build your campus cohort, meet students from other campuses, and plan cool activities and events.
- Ambassadors may request to apply for course credit if applicable, request a letter of reference upon completion of the program, and attend MBEP’s events for free.
2019 Tentative Schedule
March/April: Student Ambassador recruitment
March thru May: campus events, professional development, quarterly online check-ins
Early May: MBEP Economic Summit (May 2nd), optional
May thru August: Summer Break (option for summer intern projects, credit or non-credit)
September thru November: campus events, professional development, quarterly online check-ins
End of November: MBEP State of the Region (date TBD)
Early December: celebration, end-year evaluations
*We are able to onboard new Student Ambassadors at any point of the year.
Interested students are encouraged to apply on Monterey Bay Internships. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an online interview.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume. Your cover letter should address the following:
- Describe your interest in becoming a Career Connect Ambassador and what you hope to gain from the Program.
- Describe any relevant experience and/or skills you have with events, student outreach, and/or networking.
- Indicate your weekly availability. Occasionally there will be weekend or evening events for Ambassadors to attend.
For more information, please visit our Student Ambassadors page on Monterey Bay Career Connect.
- Attend half-day in-person orientation training
- Participate in and co-organize at least two events per quarter/semester to promote MBCC on their own campus
- Attend quarterly online check-in meetings
- Work with MBEP staff, college career centers, and fellow students to promote MBCC-related activities
- Capture event footage and post to Monterey Bay Internships social media
- Stay informed about active internship postings on Monterey Bay Internships
- Think creatively piloting their own ideas to promote MBCC on and off campus
- Attend professional networking events near campus, when possible
- Attend MBEP's events if schedule allows