We are looking for Student Ambassadors to join the Monterey Bay Economic Partnership’s (MBEP) workforce development initiative team, which seeks to create positive change through collaborative approaches that bring new resources to the region, amplify the impact of best practices, encourage the growth of start-ups and other companies, and help ease the transition of students to the workforce. Learn more about what we do here.
We need outgoing students with a passion for community outreach and education to be leaders at their college campus and in the community to help educate and share the free college and career resources offered on Monterey Bay Career Connect with students, staff, families, student organizations, etc. How do you do this? By attending events, career fairs, networking mixers, and assisting with workshops and presentations with our team! We will provide appropriate swag and gear (e.g. marketing collateral, giveaways) to help you facilitate successful events. In addition to attending events, we offer a flexible schedule with the option to work remotely; the ability to travel to events within your county is preferable (mileage for work will be reimbursed).
What does the 2020 schedule look like?*
*We are accepting applications year-round so the schedule will be adjusted to your start date
At hire: half-day orientation training with MBEP staff (lunch provided)!
January thru June: campus events, professional development, quarterly online check-ins
April: MBEP Economic Summit (April 29th, 2020)
June thru August: Summer Break (open to summer projects if desired)
September thru December: campus events, professional development, quarterly online check-ins
Early December: MBEP State of the Region (Dec. 2nd, 2020) & CA Economic Summit (Dec. 3rd & 4th, 2020)
We provide the following opportunities:
- You will be recognized and featured on our website and on a rotating basis in MBEP’s workforce development newsletter with the option to write an article about your experience
- With over 85 MBEP members in the region, we can introduce you to a wide network of industry professionals for mentorship, job shadowing and workspace tours
- You will have access to career readiness resources and support and we are available to assist with resumes, cover letter, and letters of recommendation
- We will support students for course credit if applicable
- You will have the option to attend MBEP’s full-day & half-day conferences for free ($150 value)
Steps to Apply:
- Review the information on Monterey Bay Career Connect to familiarize yourself with the resources we provide, if you’re interested in what you see, apply!
- Submit your resume and paragraph that addresses the following:
- Describe why you are interested in becoming a Student Ambassador
- Describe any relevant experience and/or skills you have with events, student outreach, and/or networking
- Indicate your weekly availability. Occasionally there will be optional weekend or evening events to attend
For more information, please visit our Student Ambassadors page on Monterey Bay Career Connect.
- Attend orientation and training
- Attend quarterly online check-in meetings
- Participate in at least two workforce development promotional activities per quarter/semester (e.g. table at career or resource fair, attend a club meeting to provide a short demo, etc.)
- Capture event footage and post to our social media channels
- Stay informed about active internship postings on Monterey Bay Internships to share with students
- Attend professional networking events to share Monterey Bay Internships with employers (when possible)
- Attend MBEP's events if schedule allows
About Monterey Bay Economic Partnership
Monterey Bay Economic Partnership (MBEP) is a regional member-supported nonprofit organization consisting of public, private and civic entities located throughout the counties of Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz. Founded in 2015, our mission is to improve the economic health and quality of life in the region.