The Career Connect Student Ambassadors is part of the Monterey Bay Economic Partnership’s (MBEP) workforce development initiative. The goal is to develop student leaders and role models at each college campus who will help educate their respective campus community (e.g. students, staff, families, student organizations, etc.) on the college and career resources offered on Monterey Bay Career Connect (MBCC).
The Student Ambassadors will get the opportunity to inform and inspire emerging young professionals, learn about and offer unique professional development opportunities to students across the Monterey Bay region.
MBEP will provide appropriate swag and gear (e.g. MBCC t-shirt, marketing collateral, giveaways) to help you facilitate successful events.
- Ambassadors will gain access to a rich network of industry professionals, and opportunities for professional development, mentorship, job shadowing and workspace tours.
- Ambassadors will build their professional portfolio, gain transferable employability skills, and learn how to apply them to their resumé and any profession.
- Ambassadors will have access to career readiness resources and support, and make meaningful connections with other Ambassadors and community leaders.
- Ambassadors will be recognized and featured on the MBCC website, at the end of the year celebration, and on a rotating basis in MBEP’s workforce development newsletter.
- Ambassadors will have the opportunity to make this program their own! Build your campus cohort, meet students from other campuses, and plan cool activities and events.
- Ambassadors may request to apply for course credit if applicable, request a letter of reference upon completion of the program, and attend MBEP’s events for free.
What does the 2019 schedule look like?*
*We are accepting applications year-round so schedule will be adjusted to interns start date
At hire: half-day orientation training with MBEP staff (lunch provided)!
January thru June: campus events, professional development, quarterly online check-ins
Early May: MBEP Economic Summit (May 2nd)
June thru August: Summer Break (open to summer projects if student is interested)
September thru December: campus events, professional development, quarterly online check-ins
End of October: MBEP State of the Region (October 25th)
Early December: celebration, end-year evaluations
Steps to Apply:
1. Submit your resume and paragraph that addresses the following:
- Describe your interest in becoming a Career Connect Ambassador and what you hope to gain from the Program.
- Describe any relevant experience and/or skills you have with events, student outreach, and/or networking.
- Indicate your weekly availability. Occasionally there will be weekend or evening events for Ambassadors to attend if interested.
For more information, please visit our Student Ambassadors page on Monterey Bay Career Connect.
- Attend an orientation training
- Participate in or organize at least two MBCC promotional activities per quarter/semester (e.g. table at career or resource fair, attend a club meeting to provide a short demo of MBCC, etc.)
- Attend bi-weekly online check-in meetings
- Work with MBEP staff, college career centers, and fellow students to promote MBCC-related activities
- Capture event footage and post to Monterey Bay Internships social media
- Post to LinkedIn MBI Groups page 1x/week (training & resources provided)
- Stay informed about active internship postings on Monterey Bay Internships
- Think creatively piloting their own ideas to promote MBCC on and off campus
- Attend professional networking events near campus, when possible
- Attend MBEP's events if schedule allows